The linen stitch pattern gives the knitted item a flat woven look on one side and a textured look on the other side.
Why this stitch pattern is fast becoming a new favorite of mine:
- Like the garter stitch it lays flat
- By varying the knitting needle sizes, it can be knit tightly without much stretch or elasticity or knit loosely with some elasticity
- It creates a dense fabric-like look when knit tightly
- It’s a simple 2 rows repeat pattern that can be used to create a plethora of single colored or multicolored knitted items
- There’s no purling when knit in the round
This simple yet versatile stitch pattern is also great for leftover yarn from other knitting projects. I know I’ll be knitting quite a few items with this stitch pattern.
Have you tried the linen knit stitch?
Knit-along by Hannah Wallace in Knit Simple Magazine, Holiday 2017 issue.
May 2018 square: Stitch pattern for both squares are different from the knit-along pattern.
Yarn: Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice®
Project details on my Ravelry project page